MWBE APPLICATION SERVICES
Our team can help simplify and streamline the MWBE Application process.
The application process for MWBE Certification can often be time consuming and overwhelming. That’s why we are here to help. We break the process down into manageable pieces and ensure that you submit a complete application. You can also retain us to address follow-up requests from NYS Department of Labor once your application is submitted.
Benefit from MWBE Certification & Watch Your Business Soar
MWBEs are companies with minorities or women controlling 51% of the firm’s operations. MWBE benefits vary by state, but overall, MWBE certification gives businesses the ability to reach a broader network of customers, contracts, and resources. Certified businesses are also added to each state’s list of MWBEs. These lists are publicly accessible, so your company will achieve greater visibility and exposure to other companies, too. In New York State, MWBE Certified businesses enjoy the following benefits:
- You’ll be placed on the certified MWBE directory where State agencies and vendors looking for subcontractors can reach out to you.
- You won’t be subject to the State’s competitive bidding requirements for procurements under $200,000.
- You’ll be more likely to be awarded a contract over similarly qualified competitors by an agency or vendor looking to meet their MWBE participation goal.
MWBE Certification Requirements
The MWBE Certification process varies from state to state, but the majority of states align with federal statutes related to business that define “minority” as people who are African-American, Alaskan Native, American Indian, Asian-American, or Hispanic. Publicly owned businesses may also qualify, but minorities or women must control more than 50 percent of the stock offerings. The New York State document checklist for MWBE Application may include:
- Proof of citizenship and gender
- Proof of business activity
- Business documents
- Personal and business taxes
- Professional background