Nonprofit Financial Management
October 4 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am$750.00
Course Learning Objectives
This course integrates academic and practical perspectives on financial resources, planning, reporting, and financial decision-making in nonprofit organizations. These topics and concepts are essential for organizational survival and success. This course provides Nonprofit Executives, board members, and CFOs with instruction on skills and conceptual information. It provides them with opportunities to apply those abilities to practice through hypothetical and actual cases.
In this course, participants will:
- Apply financial planning, decision-making, and working capital techniques to nonprofit organizations.
- Develop and utilize sources of income and in selecting appropriate combinations for nonprofit organizations
- Create and analyze financial reports in accordance with accepted standards.
- Produce professional-quality materials, including commentaries, reports, and presentations.
- Demonstrate sufficient mastery of course material
This course will ask participants to sign on for 1.5 hours each week and meet as a group. In addition, each participant will spend 9-10 hours of weekly work (of their own time) for the session. Each participant is asked to work on a project related to their nonprofit. Projects are due at the end of the course. Examples include:
- Specific grant budgets or a yearly budget
- Research on fundraising diversification
- Creating financial dashboards
Class schedule option 1:
- Wednesday, January 26th session 9am-10:30am
- Wednesday, February 2nd session 9am-10:30am
- Wednesday, February 9th session 9am-10:30am
- Wednesday, February 16th session 9am-10:30am
- Wednesday, February 23rd session 9am-10:30am
- Wednesday, March 2nd session 9am-10:30am
Class schedule option 2:
- Tuesday, September 13th session 9am-10:30am
- Tuesday, September 20th session 9am-10:30am
- Tuesday, September 27th session 9am-10:30am
- Tuesday, October 4th session 9am-10:30am
- Tuesday, October 11th session 9am-10:30am
- Tuesday, October 18th session 9am-10:30am