Grant Research and Writing Basics
April 5 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until April 12, 2022
Course Learning Objectives
In this course, participants will gain an understanding of the many elements required for a successful grant application. In addition, participants will build a master grant outline and create a spreadsheet of prospective asks based on their mission and organization. This course provides Nonprofit Executives, Grant Writers, Directors of Development, and board members with instruction on skills and conceptual information. In addition, it provides them with opportunities to apply those abilities to practice through hypothetical and actual cases.
In this course, participants will:
- Create a master grant outline
- Learn how and where to research grant opportunities
- Learn how to approach and develop relationships with grant makers before making the ask.
- Track and follow-up on submitted applications.
This course will ask participants to sign on for 1.5 hours each week and meet as a group. In addition, each participant will spend 2-3 hours of weekly work. Finally, each participant is asked to work on an end-of-course project related to their nonprofit.
Class schedule option 1:
- Tuesday, April 5th session 9:00am-10:30am
- Tuesday, April 12th session 9:00am-10:30am
Class schedule option 2:
- Wednesday, September 7th session 9:00am-10:30am
- Wednesday, September 14th session 9:00am-10:30am