Grant Research and Writing Basics
April 11 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$350.00
Course Learning Objectives
In this course, participants will gain an understanding of the many elements required for a successful grant application. In addition, participants will build a master grant outline and create a spreadsheet of prospective asks based on their mission and organization. This course provides Nonprofit Executives, Grant Writers, Directors of Development, and board members with instruction on skills and conceptual information. In addition, it provides them with opportunities to apply those abilities to practice through hypothetical and actual cases.
In this course, participants will:
- Create a master grant outline
- Learn how and where to research grant opportunities
- Learn how to approach and develop relationships with grant makers before making the ask.
- Track and follow-up on submitted applications.
This course will ask participants to sign on for 1.5 hours each week and meet as a group. In addition, each participant will spend 2-3 hours of weekly work. Finally, each participant is asked to work on an end-of-course project related to their nonprofit.
Class schedule option 1:
- Tuesday, April 4th session 2pm-3:30pm
- Tuesday, April 11th session 3pm-3:30pm
Class schedule option 2:
- Wednesday, September 6th session 9:00am-10:30am
- Wednesday, September 13th session 9:00am-10:30am