Effective Board of Directors and Building a Powerful Board
February 1 - December 31
Class available starting February 1st and then offered year-round with continuous enrollment.
An asynchronous class with:
- Two – prerecorded 1-hour modules
One 1-hour personal coaching/training session
Course Learning Objectives
In this course, participants will learn how to recruit an effective Board and create a Powerful Board for the organization. In addition, participants will learn how board members and ED/CEOs work best together, establish accountability for recruitment, and start on the road to a Powerful Board approach. This course provides Nonprofit Executives, Development Directors, and board members with instruction on skills and conceptual information. It provides them with opportunities to apply those abilities to practice through hypothetical and actual cases.
In this course, participants will:
- Learn the key roles and responsibilities of a board member in context to the entire organization
- Develop a strong board job description
- Create recruitment materials for the agency
- Learn the strategies and concept around a powerful board
This course will ask participants to review the recorded modules and schedule one 1-hour session with our Director of Education.