10 Basic Responsibilities of a Nonprofit Board
November 3 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Thursday, repeating until November 10, 2022
Course Learning Objectives
In this course participants will learn the 10 basic responsibilities of a nonprofit board. Using the book by Richard Ingram as a guide, participants will learn the role/function/and responsibilities each board member agrees to when joining a nonprofit. In addition, participants will learn how board members and ED/CEOs work best together, whose job it is to accomplish specific roles for the agency and create a strong board/leadership working relationship. This course provides Nonprofit Executives and board members with instruction on skills and conceptual information. It provides them with opportunities to apply those abilities to practice through hypothetical and actual cases.
In this course, participants will:
- Learn the key roles of a board member
- Learn the key roles of a nonprofit executive.
- Learn how to have a strong working relationship to best impact the agency.
- Conduct yearly evaluations of nonprofit executives
This course will ask participants to sign on for 1 hour each week and meet as a group. In addition, each participant will spend 2-3 hours of weekly work. Finally, each participant is asked to work on an end-of-course project related to their nonprofit.
Class schedule option 1:
- Thursday, May 12th session 10am-11:00am
- Thursday, May 19th session 10am-11:00am
Class schedule option 2:
- Thursday, November 3rd session 10am-11:00am
- Thursday, November 10th session 10am-11:00am